Whether you choose to major in Hospitality & Tourism Management or Global Club Management & Leadership, we aim to ensure your success as a student as you prepare for an exciting career in the business of hospitality management.
The degree programs at the Dedman School of Hospitality at Florida State University are designated as limited-access programs. Admission is based on availability of faculty and space. For each academic year, a minimum GPA is established by the Dedman School that limits enrollment to a number of students consistent with the available faculty and space.
Admission to either major requires a student to have:
- Completed 52 semester hours
- Completed the following courses with with a grade of C- or better in each:
- Introduction to Hospitality (HFT 1000)
- Microcomputer Applications for Business (CGS 2100) or Spreadsheets for Business (CGS 2518)
- Principles of Macroeconomics (ECO 2013) or Principles of Microeconomics (ECO 2023)
- College Algebra (MAC 1105)
How to Apply
To apply for either major, students should first contact the Dedman School of Hospitality Admissions and Academic Advisor, Kim Burkes:
UCB, 2nd Floor, Room 2205
To view the available hours and/or how to schedule an appointment, go to the Academic Advising & Affairs page.