The degree programs at the Dedman College of Hospitality at Florida State University are designated as limited-access programs. Admission is based on availability of faculty and space. For each academic year, a minimum GPA is established by the Dedman School that limits enrollment to a number of students consistent with the available faculty and space.
Admission to either major requires a student to have:
- Completed 52 semester hours
- Completed the following courses with with a grade of C- or better in each:
- Introduction to Hospitality (HFT 1000)
- Microcomputer Applications for Business (CGS 2100) or Spreadsheets for Business (CGS 2518)
- Principles of Macroeconomics (ECO 2013) or Principles of Microeconomics (ECO 2023)
- College Algebra (MAC 1105)