In 2018, The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation established the Dedman School of Hospitality’s Marriott Career and Professional Development Center with a gift providing for renovations of facilities and an endowed fund to support the center’s ongoing operations.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Dedman School of Hospitality’s Marriott Career and Professional Development Center prepares students to launch careers in the hospitality industry. The center:
- Provides space for online and in-person recruiting, resume and cover letter building activities, and branded events aimed at connecting industry professionals with Dedman students.
- Connects students seeking guidance in preparation for their hospitality careers with alumni and industry partners through the Hospitality Mentorship Program.
- Hosts Interview Prep Workshops designed to prepare students to successfully master interviews.
- Coordinates Career & Internship Expos each fall and spring semester. These events welcome approximately 40-50 top hospitality organizations to recruit the best and brightest Dedman students.
- Promotes educational and research programs through experiential learning, including familiarization trips, travel to student conferences and networking opportunities.
The activities of the Dedman School of Hospitality’s Marriott Career and Professional Development Center expose students to outstanding professionals who engage and inspire. The Center offers a space where students meet the industry; a place where they prepare for their future hospitality careers.
If your company is interested in recruiting a hospitality and tourism management major, please review the hospitality major work experience and internship guidelines. We also invite you to recruit our global club management and leadership students.
Alishia H. Piotrowski, Ed.D.
Director, Marriott Career & Professional Development Center
288 Champions Way, UCB 2200
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2541