The Global Club Management & Leadership internship program is an integral and unique part of this major. The program is designed to provide students with valuable experience in the field, either domestically or abroad. Students gain not only valuable work experience but build their resumes, giving them a competitive advantage in the job market. International placements give students a global perspective on the industry and help develop skills in multi-cultural sensitivity and communications.
- Students are required to work in any area of a private club, a golf resort, or a company that supplies products or services to clubs, for a minimum of three months per placement.
- Six months of pre-approved internships are required and can be either domestic or international.
- It is strongly recommended that students only accept positions that are paid.
- Required specific learning objectives can be found here.
- Students must submit the internship survey upon completion of your internship (one for each completed).
Majors are required to complete an international experience, which includes either a study abroad, an international internship*, or enrollment in the FSU Global Citizenship Certificate program.
*If completing an international internship, students MUST have a prior internship or work experience in the industry domestically prior to working abroad.
How It Works
- Upon being accepted into the program, students meet with the program director to discuss internship options.
- The program director will determine which type of placement would best suit the student’s individual career goals, based on discussions with the student and his/her prior experience and preferences.
- Students will then have multiple opportunities to meet and interview with recruiters on campus, at events, or online.
- Once an internship offer is extended, the department will provide the student with a work experience agreement form to be signed by the offering club/company.
The Global Club Management & Leadership program has placed students at some of the country’s top ranked clubs and related organizations including:
- Augusta National Golf Club, Georgia
- Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, New York
- The PGA Championship
- The Ryder Cup
- The Players Championship
- Fishers Island Club, New York
- The Broadmoor Resort, Colorado
- Club Corp
- Troon Golf
- Whistling Straits / Destination Kohler, Wisconsin
- Erin Hills Golf Course, Wisconsin
- The Yellowstone Club, Montana
- The Bohemian Club, California
- The Cosmos Club, Washington DC
- Newport Beach Club, California
- The Club at Cordillera, Colorado
Although regularly changing, current international internship opportunities are available in:
- New Zealand