The Basic Requirements
- Students are required to work in any area of a private club, a golf resort, or a company that supplies products or services to clubs, for a minimum of three months per placement.
- Six months of pre-approved internships are required and can be either domestic or international.
- It is strongly recommended that students only accept positions that are paid.
Note: Global Club Management & Leadership majors are required to complete an international experience, which includes either a study abroad, an international internship or enrollment in the FSU Global Citizenship Certificate program. If students choose to complete an international internship, they must have a prior internship or work experience in the industry domestically prior to working abroad.
How It Works
- Upon being accepted into the program, students meet with the program director to discuss internship options.
- The program director will determine which type of placement would best suit the student’s individual career goals, based on discussions with the student and his/her prior experience and preferences.
- Students will then have multiple opportunities to meet and interview with recruiters on campus, at events, or online.
- Once an internship offer is extended, the department will provide the student with a work experience agreement form to be signed by the offering club/company.
The Global Club Management & Leadership program has placed students at some of the country’s top ranked clubs and related organizations including:
- Augusta National Golf Club, Georgia
- Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, New York
- The PGA Championship
- The Ryder Cup
- The Players Championship
- Fishers Island Club, New York
- The Broadmoor Resort, Colorado
- Club Corp
- Troon Golf
- Whistling Straits / Destination Kohler, Wisconsin
- Erin Hills Golf Course, Wisconsin
- The Yellowstone Club, Montana
- The Bohemian Club, California
- The Cosmos Club, Washington DC
- Newport Beach Club, California
- The Club at Cordillera, Colorado
Although regularly changing, current international internship opportunities are available in:
- New Zealand
For more information on the Global Club Management & Leadership major’s internship program, please contact Cynthia Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-645-9980.