School introduces Emerging Professional Award
The Florida State University Dedman School of Hospitality announced the creation of its annual Emerging Professional Award to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of an alumnus who has graduated within the past ten years.
The award is designed to honor a recent graduate each year who has shown outstanding professional growth and commitment to the hospitality industry.
“Since 1994, we have presented an Alumnus of the Year Award at our annual Honors & Awards Dinner,” said Don Farr, director of the Dedman School. “It celebrates our graduates who have a long track record of extraordinary achievement and character. We have created the Emerging Professional Award to recognize and inspire our rising stars who are already achieving great success.”
Nominations are accepted each spring for the award, which will be made at the school’s annual Honors & Awards Dinner, each fall. Criteria for the award include:
- Graduation from the Dedman School of Hospitality within the past ten years
- Outstanding professional accomplishments
- Exceptional promise for future success
- Community involvement and recognition
- Support of the Dedman School of Hospitality and Florida State University