Congratulations. You are about to begin the process of earning your undergraduate degree by applying for admission to the Dedman School of Hospitality. Whether you choose to major in Hospitality & Tourism Management or Global Club Management & Leadership, we will use every tool we have to assure your success as a student as you prepare for an exciting career in the business of hospitality management.
Major programs at the Dedman School of Hospitality at Florida State University are designated as limited-access programs. Admission is based on availability of faculty and space. For each admission cycle (academic year), a minimum grade point average (GPA) is established by the Dedman School that limits enrollment to a number of students consistent with the available faculty and space.
Admission to either of the two majors requires you to have:
- Completed 52 semester hours,
- Completed the following courses with with a grade of "C-" or better in each:
- HFT 1000 (Introduction to Hospitality),
- CGS 2100 (Microcomputer Applications for Business) or CGS2518 (Spreadsheets for Business),
- ECO 2013 (Principles of Macroeconomics) or ECO 2023 (Principles of Microeconomics), and
- MAC 1105 (College Algebra).
How to Apply
To apply for one of our majors, contact Kim Burkes, Dedman's Admissions and Academic Advisor, at (850) 644-8410, email@example.com or stop by 2202 UCB. Walk-in advising is available between Tuesday-Friday, 9:00-11:00 AM. Scheduled appointments are available from 1:00-4:00 PM. You can schedule an appointment online or stop by 2202 UCB and use the computer kiosk to do so.