Hospitality & Tourism Management Internship Program
Required work and internship experiences assure Hospitality & Tourism Management majors become acquainted with the nuances of real-world hospitality industry environments. These practical learning experiences supplement your academic education, help you to identify your industry preferences, and guide you in securing successful employment upon graduation.
THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Work experience. Students are required to work a total of 1,000 hours in any area of the hospitality industry — hotels, restaurants, private clubs, event companies, theme parks, etc. Learn more.
- Internship experience. Of the 1,000 hours of industry work experience, at least 250 must be in an approved internship(s) at a hospitality organization. Internships must provide an opportunity to work in at least two positions and to shadow a manager. Learn more.
HOW IT WORKS
- Secure employment. Throughout the year, students have numerous opportunities to secure work and internship opportunities, meeting with recruiters on campus, at events, or online. Learn more.
- Submit records. As you complete acceptable work experiences and pre-approved internship experiences, you submit report forms and have your employers submit evaluation forms. Learn more.
- Complete Courses. To fulfill the requirements, students must be registered during specific periods in either HFT 4941: Work Experience or HFT 3941: Management Internship. Learn more.
Hospitality & Tourism students enjoy internships at the world's leading hotels, restaurants, and related organizations, including:
- Biltmore Estate
- Compass Group
- Darden Restaurants
- EDITION Hotels
- Four Seasons Hotels
- Hyatt Hotels
- The Intercontinental Dublin (Ireland)
- J. Alexander’s Restaurants
- Loews Hotels
- Marriott International
- The Merrion Hotel (Dublin, Ireland)
- Montage Palmetto Bluff
- Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Pappas Restaurants
- Ritz-Carlton Hotels & Resorts
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The Shelbourne Hotel, A Renaissance Hotel (Dublin, Ireland)
- Triple Creek Ranch
- Walt Disney World
- Learn more about successfully completing industry work and internship requirements for Hospitality & Tourism Management majors, here.
For more information on the Hospitality & Tourism Management major’s internship program, Alishia Piotrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-644-8245.