The Little Dinner Series is one of Tallahassee's best-kept quality dining secrets since 1957. Each semester, students in the Dedman College work side-by-side with instructors to create a series of four-course themed dinners. Every element – from the menu to décor – is conceptualized by a group of students tasked with planning and managing their own event.
Current Season: Spring 2024
|Amor de Sabor
|Napa Valley: Dine Through the Grapevine
|Nowruz: Spring Blossoms in Persia
|Sopranos: A Night at the Vesuvio
|Lagniappe & Rye
|Taiwanese Night Market
|Ancient Roman Empire
|An Ode to the Florida Panhandle
|The Cocoa Bean
The Little Dinner Series is graciously sponsored by
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food-borne illness.
- Menus are subject to change. Once available, drafts are provided to give an idea of the students' dinner concepts.
- The number of dinners and guest capacity per dinner varies each semester/session. These decisions are based on how many students are enrolled in the course.
- Guests do not need to bring printed tickets.
- Please read our new policies in the What to Know section.
University Center Building B
$80 per ticket
6:30PM - Cocktail Reception
7:00PM - Dinner
The cocktail reception includes a signature drink and three hors d’oeuvres.
Dinner includes four courses (appetizer, soup/salad, entrée, dessert) with two wine pairings.
No tipping necessary.
WHAT TO KNOW
- 18+ Policy
- Guests must be 18 or older to attend. I.D.s will be checked for alcohol consumption.
- Cancelation Policy
- If a dinner is cancelled, a full refund will be issued. There will be no rain-checks given for a future dinner.
- The waitlist is open for one week after tickets go on sale. In the event that tickets become available, names will be selected at random.
- Dietary Restrictions
We gladly accommodate dietary restrictions. Must provide advanced notice.
- FSU Alcohol Policy
Identification will be requested upon arrival. No person under 21 may consume alcoholic beverages.
Parking is free and located at the University Center visitor lot, directly in front of Building B. ADA parking is also available.
No jeans. Blazers are required for gentlemen and complementary cocktail attire for ladies.
Get In Touch
Should you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.
About the Little Dinner Series
Since 1957, students at the Dedman College of Hospitality have gained valuable experience by applying coursework in food service management to this fine dining series created by the late Ashby Stiff.
Stiff was a professor at the Dedman College of Hospitality for 44 years. He directed the highly popular Little Dinner Series as a laboratory extension of his classroom for 25 years. He also served as food critic of the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper for more than two decades, garnering a loyal readership and local celebrity.
Today, hospitality majors continue to create, manage, and implement themed dinners in the Little Dinner Series as part their required senior-year catering management course. Training and working with a professional chef and a front-of-house manager, students spend the semester learning the methods and concepts utilized in the food and beverage industry.