Hospitality and tourism is a top industry in the State of Florida, and students can increase their career opportunities and earnings potential by adding the Minor in Hospitality Management to their resumes.
Students must earn a ‘C-‘ or better in each course used to satisfy minor requirements. All courses must be completed at Florida State University.
The Minor in Hospitality Management requires the completion of four, three-credit hour courses for a total of 12 hours. Two courses are required and two are electives:
- HFT 1000 - Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
- HFT 3240 - Managing Service Organizations
Electives - Choose two:
- HFT 2060 - Coffee, Tea, & International Culture
- HFT 2061 - International Ales & Lagers
- HFT 2062 - International Wine & Culture
- HFT 2063 - Distilled Spirits & International Culture
- HFT 2080 - International Protocol
- HFT 2716 - International Travel & Culture
- HFT 2890 - International Food & Culture
- HFT 3519 - Convention Services & Events Management
- HFT 3542 - Event Management
- HFT 3700 - Tourism Management & the Environment
- HFT 4064 - Ales & Lager (Tasting course for students ages 21 and older)
- HFT4205 - Conversational Spanish for Hospitality Managers
If you would like a formal printed certificate confirming your completion of the Hospitality Management Minor, contact the Dedman School undergraduate advisor. A certificate will be mailed to you once the certification process is complete.