In addition experiences acquired individually by students, the Dedman School of Hospitality offers established internship and work programs.
The Dedman School of Hospitality has partnered with three five-star hotels in Dublin, Ireland. Each year, students are selected to intern at The Shelbourne - a Marriott Renaissance Property, The Intercontinental Hotel Dublin, and The Merrion.
How it Works:
- An application and pre-screening interview takes place in September/October at the Dedman School of Hospitality.
- Students selected through the pre-screening process are recommended to the hotel partners and they conduct phone and video interviews with candidates.
- Internships are 6-months in duration, and approximate dates are mid-May until November.
- Internships are offered in either Front Desk/Rooms or Food & Beverage.
- Once an internship has been offered, the Dedman School works with students to secure all necessary visa and immigration documentation.
Resort and Vacation Rental Management Program (Destin, FL)
The Dedman School of Hospitality partners with properties in the Destin, Fla., area to offer a Resort and Vacation Rental Management Program. The program includes an internship component providing around 500 hours of work experience and allows students to take relevant courses that replace required hospitality courses and electives.
Properties in the program include Emerald Grande at Harborwalk Village, ResortQuest by Wyndham, Sandestin Golf & Beach Resorts, and St. Joe Club & Resorts which contains WaterColor and The Pearl. Each year approximately 25 Dedman School of Hospitality students take part in the program.
How it Works:
- Students must secure an internship at one of the program sites to be eligible for the Resort and Vacation Rental Management program. If you are interested in participating, contact Alishia Piotrowski. Site visits are conducted during the course of the year and the resorts/management companies also recruit on campus.
- Once a student has secured an internship, he or she needs to view the Resort and Vacation Rental Management brochure (PDF) to see course options and additional information about the program.
Courses offered include: HFT 3941: Management Internship (6 credits), HFT 3270: Resort Operations (3 credits), HFT 3515: Resort Marketing and Social Media (3 credits), and HFT 4471: Managing Revenues and Expenses (3 credits).